Monday 27 February 2012

Time to start again

I forgot that I even had a profile on here. Now that something's cropped up that I'd love to do, I reckon it makes sense to use it :)

First off, I'd better introduce myself to those of you who don't know who I am. My name's Emma, I'm 19 and I'm a second-year student at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston, majoring in American Studies. But I don't really talk about that. As those of you who follow me on Twitter know, I'm a big Formula 1 fan and love to chat about it whenever I can!

I haven't been following Formula 1 properly for very long at all, though I've watched races with my dad since the late 1990s/early 2000s. Back then I was a Jaguar and Mark Webber fan (mainly because I liked the team's livery, can't go wrong with British Racing Green). I only started taking it vaguely seriously in 2007, when Lewis Hamilton started to become popular. But then I saw Sebastian Vettel's performance at Indianapolis and all that changed. Without wishing to sound like a fangirl, I instantly thought "I've got to keep an eye on this guy, he's special!". Now, I support both Mark and Seb as well as the Red Bull team, despite my dislike of some of the way they do things. I might do an entry on that topic some time in the future. But for now I'm a very content fan, and looking forward to how the RB8 performs this season with a mixture of excitement and nervousness!

So as the new season isn't that far away now, I've taken the plunge and got involved in @GraceF1Fanatic's #FanFormula initiative, to better express my opinions on all the happenings in the sport. I've decided to do brief answers for the actual submission and then do more in-depth answers to the questions on this blog, as I always end up writing much more than I think. There'll be no videos for #FanFormula because I feel I articulate my views better in writing - just a personal preference, sounding like I'm talking to myself makes me feel a bit uncomfortable :P

Hope you enjoy reading, I'm looking forward to mingling with other fans much more this season. If you'd like to know more about the #FanFormula initiative, you can contact founder Grace via the Twitter link above, or read more info on the Fan Formula homepage. You can also follow me on Twitter at @EmTheEmu - but be warned that I do swear occasionally, if you don't like foul language. Until later, much love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment